Monday, March 21, 2011

I am number 4

Number 4 has been on the move for the past 10 years, never staying in the same place for more than six months at a time. His home planet was destroyed when he was 4 and only 19 people were able to escape before the Mogadorians kill them all. And now the Mogadorians are on the planet earth trying to find the 9 kids that escaped and kill them. But, because of a charm placed on them when they left, the Mogadorians can only kill them in order. Now, they have killed one through three and number four is next!

I must confess, I became interested in this book after seeing trailers for the movie. The trailers looked action packed! Of course, the book isn't as action packed as the trailers, and I found myself reading about John, number 4, trying to live a normal life in the quaint town of Paradise Ohio with his protector Henri and his beagle Bernie Kosar, not exactly what I saw depicted in the trailers. But, even though it doesn't have as much action (most of the action taking place at the end of the novel) I still really enjoyed the book.

Bernie Kosar, the beagle, is one of my favorite characters. Tongue always lopping out of his mouth, and a little mysterious. Also, Sam is a great character, I can really imagine what Sam looks like as I read the book. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. Even though it might lag a bit in the middle of the book, the beginning and the end makes up for it. And, there is some stuff left hanging for the next book, but not enough to be a cliff hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment