Monday, June 21, 2010

Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater

Grace and Sam have been watching each other for years. Ever since Sam saved Grace. Grace watched Sam in the winter and fell in love with his yellow eyes. But Grace was human and in her eyes, Sam was just a wolf. But, Sam is more than just a wolf, he is a werewolf but Grace doesn't find out until it is almost too late. Sam was running out of summers. And, now that Grace knows Sam as a human, it might be too late for the two of them.

Shiver is a great love story, a bit reminiscent of Twilight in some ways. So, if you like Twilight you will like this book. But, unlike Bella, I feel Grace is more relatable and not as crazy love stricken as Bella in Twilight. Grace knows she only has a little bit of time to spend with Sam so she absorbs everything she can but is still smart about it.

This book, I believe, is a great page turner. I wanted to know what would happen with Grace and Sam. What would happen to Jake and what would happen to all the other wolves. The story does get sad at the end and I almost had some tears. I don't want to give to much away but this is a really good book. Bunch of people recommended this book to me and I would recommend this book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment