Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Red Pyramid

I have been waiting for this book since I saw Rick Riordan was doing another series. Sadie and Carter are a brother and sister who barely know each but must come together when their father blows up the British museum. The story is narrated in a way like you are listening to a recording from Carter and Sadie. Even though, at each chapter it tells you who is narrating, as I got into the reading I began to get confused of who was actually narrating Sadie or Carter. That is the only thing that bother me in the book.

The book in general was a great adventure. Sadie and Carter trying to find their father and beat the evil Set. They come in contact with a bunch of Egyptian gods: Anubis, Horus, Isis, Serket, Thoth, Sekhmet, Bast and many more. Not only was it a great adventure novel but I got to learn about Egyptian mythology that I didn't know about to begin with. It was fun to learn along with Sadie and Carter as they learned about there heritage.

There were a couple loose ends at the end of the novel which makes me wanting more. Not to give anything away but Sadie and Carter are still missing someone that they must find and they still have alot to accomplish. So I can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment