Sunday, January 24, 2010

Truly Madly - A Lucy Valentine Novel


I received this book in the mail a couple months ago as an ARC (Advance Reading Copy). When I received it, just looking at the cover it didn't really look like something I would be interested in. Man, I have to stop judging a book by its cover because this book was great.

The book is about Lucy Valentine, family of the great match-makers of Valentine Inc. All Valentines can read peoples auras and set them up with there ultimate match, that is except Lucy. Lucy ability got electrified and instead of being able to match make she can find lost objects just by shaking hands with the person who lost the object.

This is a very funny, entertaining book with a mystery as well. Lucy gets herself in a bind when she shakes someones hand who is missing a ring. As soon as she shakes his hand, Lucy knows where it is, in the ground on a skeletons hand! Lucy just can't leave this alone and must figure out the mystery. But, not by herself of course. Sean the hot PI from the office above Valentine Inc helps along the way. And Sean is the first person that her powers works differently than normal.

I recommend this book, it was highly entertaining, and I couldn't put the book down. I loved Grendel the three legged cat :)

I can't wait for the second book to come out which is Deeply Desperately by Heather Webber.

No comments:

Post a Comment