Friday, April 27, 2012

Across the Universe

For some reason, seeing this book on amazon didn't appeal to me for the longest time. I read the description, but the book cover I think was stopping me from reading it. I know, I know, never judge a book by the cover. But the male and female faces about to kiss made me think of a young adult romance and I just didn't want to read that. But, this book isn't that at all.

It is very much a murder mystery sort of book with a twist. And there are a lot of twists in this book. I thought it was very creative and different from other books. The closest series I can think this book come close to is Inside Out.

The book starts out with Amy and her family getting cryogenically frozen and put in morgue like boxes on a spaceship that will be traveling 300 years to get to a new planet similar to Earth. But then Amy, for some reason, is awoken 50 years to early. She finds herself stuck on the spaceship with people very different than she is used to and one of them is a murderer.

The main characters are very different, and each one has their own personalities and traits. You really get to feel for the characters in the novel and they are not one dimensional at all. The dystopian is like one I haven't ever read before either, it is very new and refreshing.

The ending ends without a cliff hanger and a lot of loose ends at the beginning of the book are mostly tied up. There is a second book and a third coming out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment