Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fire Study

I just finished Fire Study, the last book in the Study series. It took me quite awhile to read it. It didn't have me as interested as the other two books in the series. I would go days without really wanted to read it. There was a lot of repetition in the book, summarizing from the other two books and repeating facts from earlier in the book, that dulled the book for me. Didn't have as much adventure, rather boring.

Yelena, the main character, has to fight the fire warper. She has many enemies in this book. Ferde who she defeated in the last book but was freed from another of her enemies Cahil. Cahil wants to rule Ixia and loathes Yelena and Valek. Yelena must also battle with the 1st Master Magician Roze who doesn't trust Yelena and believes Yelena is a spy from Ixia trying to take over Sitia. So, Yelena has a lot on her plate as she tries to find a way to get Ferde back and fight the Fire Warper.

There is still the same characters from the previous books, Valek, Ari, Janco, Fisk, Cahil, and Leif. Even though I didn't like Valek in the second book, this one I started to see the old Valek again. Yelena did start bothering me and if you have ever read House Of Night novels, she began to remind me the the main character in that series Zoey.

Some of the dramatic scenes didn't really hold any emotion for me. I don't want to list any to give anything away. But, when someone would die or something big would happen I didn't really seem important the way it was described. It would be described in two sentences and that would be the end of it.

I enjoyed the first two I just wished this one peaked my interested as much as the first one!

No comments:

Post a Comment