Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley was a great book! Took me forever to read it though but not because it was a bad book but because I had other books come out while I was reading this one that I just had to read.

Flavia the main character loves chemistry. She is only 11 but she knows a lot! The metaphors and smilies that are in Flavia's head are very funny!

Flavia is trying to solve a mystery. A mystery of a man who died in the garden. In the process of solving the mystery Flavia stumbles upon her father's past and learns a little bit more about him. But during the mystery Flavia still has time to play tricks on her mean sisters.

It is a great and entertaining book. And I can't wait to read the next Flavia mystery The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment