Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Changeless by Gail Carriger

This is the second book in the Parasol Protectorate series, and I think I liked this book far better than the first one, my favorite part was the dirigible ride, it was hilarious!

Newly married Alexa, Lady Macon, is now the female Alpha of her husbands pack, and newly appointed Muhjal. She has much more on her plate than she did with in the previous novel. And on top of that, portions of London are becoming humanized with means Vampire and Werewolves are losing there supernaturalist and there are mass exoticism of ghost in the area. Since, Alexia is the only one capable of doing that sort of thing all eyes are pointed towards her. Now Alexia must find out why sudden bouts of mass humanization is occurring at the same time as the whole regiment of soldiers and camped out in her front lawn.

There is a bit of a surprise that is added at the end of the novel, but there are so many hints of it that I figured it out pretty much on the authors first hint. This author isn't very good at subtly. I mean, we are told a thousand times over that Alexia is Italian, big nosed and has an ample body. As well as her husband has a nice body, and that the Claviger Tunstell has red hair! I think one of my favorite characters is dimwitted Miss Ivy Hisselpenny and I loved reading about her relationship with Tunstell it was laugh out loud funny.

I read Etiquette and Espionage first so it was nice to see some of the characters older version in this novel.

And of course, there is a major cliff hanger at the end and a lot of strings that were left unanswered in the end of this book. So because of that it is better to read the set all together after the novels have already came out...

No comments:

Post a Comment