Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Elite by Kiera Cass

Not sure what to say! First of all, I am not much of a fan of love triangles. This one was like a tennis match and America being the tennis ball. I felt like she kept going back and forth between Aspen and Maxon. Back and forth and back and forth. The only thing that kept me reading was I desperately wanted to know who she would pick at the end. You never get a grasp of who she is going to pick. And she is constantly getting angry at Maxon spending time with other girls while she is sneaking off to be with Aspen. She felt twofaced to me a bit and I started not like the main character, America, and actually started rooting for another of the Elite to win Maxon's heart.

I did like some of the plot points and didn't see a couple thing come. I enjoy being surprised in a book and this one did that. I never knew what direction this book was heading. Just when I thought it would go one way something else would happen. But the same storyline is getting dragged out into the third book and I have a feeling it is going to be yet another tennis match but hopefully this one will end it and answer the question of who she chooses!

The world building his the book does seem a bit flimsy to me but maybe because it isn't all fleshed out yet with one more book on the way. There is one point where America has to do a presentation and there is a big following up to it and then it didn't feel as big as the author was trying to make it out to be. And the angry and emotion didn't seemed to go another with exactly what happened.

Overall I will probably read the next book because I do ultimately want to know who ends up with who. But if it more of the back and forth love triangle thing the whole entire book I might have to skip the inbetween.

No comments:

Post a Comment