Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie

4 out of 5 stars second book in the Matched Trilogy

I fell in love with the book Matched as soon as I started to read it and I couldn't wait for the new book to come out to read. After reading Crossed I am not sure exactly which one I like more. Crossed in a very different, new, environment than Matched was. It is also narrated by not only Cassia but also, Ky. There is a lot answers in Crossed, but it also brings up a bunch of new questions. And at the end of the book it leaves me asking Who?!?

In my opinion the 1st half of the book, is very exciting and an easy read. But as soon as the book reached the halfway point it kinda went into a stand still. Parts were confusing to me as to who was narrating and it just felt so much more slow. The last half has a lot of Ky focusing on parts of his past and it help with the storyline it's just not as exciting.

The book ends with a little bit of a cliff hanger instantly making you want to know what happens next. So, there is definitely going to be another book, the only sad part is, probably have to wait a year before it comes out.

If you liked the series Hunger Games, Forest of Hands and Teeth, Uglies or even Inside Out you will probably like this book. I think it is more closely related to Forest of Hands and Teeth and Uglies then Hunger Games but it does have some aspects of all those series in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment