Monday, August 23, 2010

Linger - Maggie Stiefvater

I am not exactly sure how I feel about this book now that I am done with it. There are parts I liked, and parts I am not sure about. Parts reminded me of Twilight and their sickly love towards each other. With the characters feeling that the world will stop if they are broken apart. And, maybe I just think that is a little over dramatized and it bothers me. I don't think it is the best thing to sell to teenagers that they can't live without their true love even if they are a room apart. It is unhealthy to think that way, although I am sure tons of people have felt the way Sam and Grace did about each other in this book. But, it annoyed me. And, I found myself siding with Grace's parents instead of Grace as she started to annoy me.

But, I did like the plot how Sam is finally finding himself at the same time Grace is slowly losing herself. I like the new character Cole and his relationship with Isabel, Sam and himself. I was happy to learn more about Sam's past and also Cole's past as well. There was more depth with Isabel that I like a lot too. She might be my favorite character. The point of view alternated between Cole, Grace, Sam and Isabel. And, I didn't have that hard of time trying to figure out which characters point of view I was reading from because they all have a very distinct personality.

I do want to know what happens in the next book which I believe is being called Forever. It leaves you wanted to know more. What will happen to Grace, Sam and Cole. Will they finally get there happy ending?

No comments:

Post a Comment