Monday, August 9, 2010

Deeply, Desperately: A Lucy Valentine Novel - Heather Webber


I could not put the book down this weekend! I read the whole book in one weekend which I don't do very often. The book was a great, fun adventure that I just could not stop reading! Everything was resolved in the end, but I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I already have it on my wish list :)

The novel pulls you in right way with Lucy's new adventure with Lost Love. Lucy cannot see peoples auras like the rest of her family. So she uses her physic ability, to find lost objects, to get into the family business by finding lost loves. But that isn't the only thing on her plate! She must juggle with the pestering Preston, Marsol getting her involved in destroying Em's relationship with her fiancee, threat letters, a missing person case and the cupids curse!

I loved the book, but there was one thing that did bother me. Sometimes, when Lucy would start a conversation with someone. The conversation would go half way through and then Lucy would daydream or start thinking a couple paragraphs. Then it would abruptly go back to the conversation like it never stopped. Because of the paragraphs in the middle I have already forgotten initially what the conversation was about and would have to back track to remember what the beginning of the conversation was about. But, that might be just me easily forgetting :P

Overall, I love the dialogue between the characters and the characters themselves. I really like the relationship between Grendel and Thoreau. She describes Grendel so well and it is so funny. The book has romance, adventure, funny parts and sad part. Overall a well rounded book.

No comments:

Post a Comment